Friday, August 22, 2014

Who am I....

My name is Toni J. I just graduated from Brooklyn College CUNY, in New York with a bachelors in chemistry this spring semester.  I am planning on applying to Medical School this cycle. But I know that it is wise to have a plan B, especially since I am not the most competitive applicant.

Just to tell you little about myself,  My Brooklyn College GPA is a 3.0 and my current practice MCAT score is 26. I have taken the MCAT and I am waiting for the score.

I have faced numerous obstacles, that have hindered me from being able to show my academic abilities. Some reasons for the poor academics are academic deficiency leaving high school, immaturity, work schedule and family structure.

Thankfully towards the end of my undergraduate years I was able to demonstrate improvement. Which I attribute to self introspection and a more priority driven work life balance. I truly believe that with my life experience (i.e. patient care experience, living in a health care deprived community and research)  and my persistence.

I will be a great physician someday!

For a more recent update of who I am check out my "Verified" post

Check out these success stories/websites that keep me positive: A not so strong MCATShould I still apply... ,From 3.0 to 4.0 ,What Does it Mean to be Disadvantaged? ,poor test taker

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you will be an excellent physician one day, and I look forward to following your journey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. from your mouth to Gods ears.

    ReplyDelete